Suppose a window appears on the computer saying that iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. an unknown error occurred (0xe80000a). In that case, it indicates that iTunes on your computer does not recognize the connected iPhone. Well, how do you fix iTunes? Can’t connect to this iPhone because an unknown error (0xe80000a) occurred? Follow the steps below to fix this issue:
Before you start, check the following details first:
- Check if you have installed the latest version of iTunes, macOS, or Windows OS.
- Make sure your iPhone is turned on.
- Ensure you have clicked Trust your iPhone when the Trust This Computer window appears.
- Disconnect other external devices and connect iPhone to the computer through a different USB port or a working USB cable.
- Restart the computer and the iPhone.
If you have checked all the above details, but iTunes still couldn’t connect to this iPhone, you can try the steps below to fix it.
For Mac users:
- Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and select Apple > System Information or System Report > USB under Hardware.
- Remove third-party antivirus software from your Mac if your iPhone appears in the USB Device Tree. However, if you can’t see the iPhone there, contact Apple for help.
For PC users:
It would help if you reinstalled the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver to resolve the issue. Here is what you need to do:
If you download iTunes from the Microsoft Store on a Windows computer:
- Disconnect iPhone from PC > Reconnect iPhone to computer and close iTunes if it starts automatically.
- Right-click the Start button or the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the computer screen > Select Device Manager.
- Navigate to Portable Devices and right-click your iPhone name > Tap Update Driver > Search.
- Go to Settings from the Start menu > Select Update & security > Windows Update and make sure there are no updates available.
- Launch iTunes to see if the problem is resolved or not.
If you download iTunes from the Apple Store on a Windows PC:
- Disconnect iPhone from computer > Reconnect iPhone to computer and close iTunes if it starts automatically.
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run command window.
- Enter the string %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers in the command window and click OK.
- Right-click the usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.info file and select Install.
- Disconnect iPhone from PC and restart the computer > Reconnect iPhone to PC to see if the problem exists.
How to Fix Itunes Could Not Connect To This Iphone. An Unknown Error Occurred 0xe80000a While Reading from the Device
If you see the message iTunes couldn’t connect to iPhone because an error occurred while reading from the device, you can follow the steps below to fix this problem.
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- On Mac, open iTunes > Go to Account and sign in with your Apple ID > Then select Authorizations under Account > Enable Authorize this computer;
On a Windows computer: Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID > Select Authorizations under Account > Tap Authorize this computer. If you can’t find the menu bar, you can hold down the Control + B key combination to bring it up.
- Uninstall all incompatible apps from your iPhone, unlock your iPhone when connected to a computer, and make sure there is enough space on the computer.
How To Fix Itunes Could Not Connect To This Iphone. An Unknown Error Occurred 0xe80000a Because The Value Is Missing
Sometimes when the connection fails, you will get a message that iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because the value is missing. If so, you can repeat the following steps to boot iPhone into DFU mode.
- Launch iTunes on the computer, turn off your iPhone and connect it to the computer via a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Home + Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time on iPhone, or press and hold the Home + Power buttons at the same time on iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s and other older versions of iPhone.
- After holding for 10 seconds, release the Power button (or Sleep/Wake button) and keep the Home button until a message tells you that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Then click OK, and it will successfully boot iPhone into DFU mode if the screen stays black.
Itunes Could Not Connect To This Iphone. An Unknown Error Occurred 0xe80000a. If you encounter the problem that iTunes cannot link to this iPhone, you can try the above solutions to fix the connection problem. Or you can also choose Coolmuster iOS Assistant, the alternative program to iTunes, to connect iPhone to computer and manage files. I recommend you use this easy-to-use, fast, absolutely secure and robust application. If you encounter any problems while using it, feel free to leave a comment below.