Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070002
Error 0x80070002 is one of the most annoying errors you may encounter when trying to update your Windows 10 computer. Many customers have reported experiencing “feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – Error 0x80070002″ when updating Windows 10/11 to the latest version. It can also happen when trying to activate a new feature update to Windows 10, version 1903.
Incorrect dates and times, corrupted system files, and a host of other factors can cause the problem. This article will help you troubleshoot your Windows 10/11 if you have encountered this problem and are unable to update to the latest operating system.
What is Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 Error 0x80070002?
It is another one of those Windows 10 error codes that pops up while updating. It simply means (although it doesn’t just say so!) that no updates are being installed.
You can usually fix it by manually updating or using the Windows Update Troubleshooter app we discussed earlier.
Here, however, we’ll look at updating Windows manually, which also involves manually deleting unwanted files left over from the failed installation.
Type Services. msc in the Windows search box, right-click on the Services application result and choose Run as administrator.
The Service window will open. Now you need to find a Windows update service and stop it.
Then go to File Explorer and navigate to that folder.
Delete EVERYTHING in the download folder.
Go back to the Services window (if you closed it, repeat the steps above to get it before). Restart the Windows Update service.
Now go to the Settings app and Update & Security group. Select the Windows Update tab, check for new updates, and install whatever is available; hopefully, this time, it won’t fail again.
Causes of Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070002
No single point can define the exact cause of this 0x80070002 error. We recommend that you carefully scan the system and find the error you made before and during the update. So many things will be there for you. We are sure. However, for reference, let us attach some common and popular causes that create this problem for new and old tech users.
- For sure! You have installed corrupted and malicious applications preventing you from updating your window.
- Maybe you missed or deleted the system file or created a mess with them.
- The system may not have space to secure and save your update and installation.
- Perhaps your external hardware device, which you added later by purchasing them separately, fell into the hands of this error.
- There is no fixed pattern to describe the exact cause; however, as always! The solutions are there in a powerful format.
Solutions for Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903: Error 0x80070002
Choose from the solutions defined below because not all solutions are just for you and your PC. Follow them below.
Download Windows Update Reset Tool (Fix It)
The tool can help you push your Windows update.
- Launch the official webpage of “Wureset” and select your choice there. Please download it according to your operating system and double-click the “.Exe” file to open and install it.
- Accept the terms and conditions and install the Windows Update Reset Tool.
Using Reset Tool (Fix It)
- Choose “Language” after opening the tool and press the “Enter” button.
- There are many options available to choose the tool and act accordingly.
- Open System Protection/Reset Windows Update Components/Delete Temporary Files in Windows/Open Internet Explorer Options/Run Chkdsk on Windows Partition/Run System File Checker Tool/Analyze Image looking for corruption in the component store / Check if the image has been marked as damaged / Perform repair operations automatically
- Clean replaced components/Remove bad registry values/Repair/Reset Winsock settings/Reset Microsoft Windows Store/Force Group Policy Update/Check Windows Updates/Find Windows Product Key/Explore other local solutions/Explore other online solutions/Restart your PC.
Disconnect external devices for feature upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903 – Error 0x80070002
External devices create problems with your system. You think they are compatible with your operating system and increase your productivity in the project. Instead, they hamper the most crucial task of your operating system and error code 0x80070002. Delete them instantly and try Windows Update again.
Review installed updates
- Click on the “Window” logo of your system and search for “Control”, and follow the result “Control Panel”.
- Tap on the “Program and Features” option by tapping on the “Program” option.
- Select the “Show installed updates” option to uninstall the last update you made by checking the “Uninstall” button next to the selected update.
After disabling antivirus or firewall security, try to update the system. As soon as the installation is successful, go to the antivirus section and re-enable it to remove any threat to your Windows 10-11 operating system.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Use the built-in Microsoft Windows utility and fix the error by following these simple steps.
- In the device’s “Settings” window, tap “Troubleshoot” under the “System” tab.
- He will ask you to see the problems and fix them on your end.
System File Checker
- Open “Command Prompt” and type “SFC /scan now” and “Enter”.
- It will scan the corrupted system or files and repair them immediately.
- Finally, you need to restart your system and see if the error 0x80070002 is fixed.
These methods specialize in many ways. They not only fix this error in your operating system. They can find any cause for concern and correct them if used correctly. Also, please write to us so that we can understand your query and better serve you with your problem.